Old February 4th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Budget Retracts - Anyone own a Sierra or Comanche 180?

RH wrote:
Any owners/operators care to share your experiences with these two
aircraft?

Generally, the newer the airplane the better. Having said that, if
you really do plan on keeping it for a long time and using it to
fly the family around on trips, then either would be a wash. I happen
own a Comanche 250 and use it for longer cross country trips and very
much appreciate the speed and performance (over the Sierra or 180).

It's old but not a real complicated aircraft to work on or maintain.
The main problem is a long list of ADs. Most, if not all, of the re-curring
ones can be eliminated so I'd look for a plane that has had these ADs
permanently resolved if you can, that will save you in the long run.

Other than that they are both good solid airplanes, especially if
you are willing to do a lot of the maintenance and upkeep yourself
(get your hands dirty so to speak).