Old October 31st 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer

If the Cobra trailer is a used on, it would be good to line the wing support
blocks with clean "microfiber" cloths. It is good to do this in any case, as
any dirt or grit on these blocks can wear into the leading edge of the wing.
As a precaution, you might also want to wrap one around the tail securing
flap - - the cushion on this strap supplied by Cobra tends to attract dirt
(I use a sheep skin should harness pad on my strap).

all the best,

bumper
"November Bravo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am shipping my glider with trailer to New Zealand during the next
week. Any advice on how to pack the glider in the trailer other than
the usual road retrieval securing in the Cobra trailer? The shipping
is not in a container but a "roll on". Any other advice would be
appreciated. Thanks, John Iacobucci