Old October 27th 05, 04:40 PM
sfb

Default Landing on Freeway

Except the center between the roadways is where the drainage stuff
lives.

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:08:13 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

My question is what do most people think about landing on a freeway?

Depends on what else is in the area.

At night I'd land on I-80 or I-380 (our two "local" interstate
highways)
without a second thought. During the day, I'd aim for a field,
presuming
there was one nearby.

As an FYI, I did a quick search on interstate width requirements and
found the following document...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interst...hway_standards

So a two-lane interstate like I-80 in rural areas would be:
12 ft (lane #1)
12 ft (lane #2)
10 ft (shoulder #1)
4 ft (shoulder #2)
38ft

So it would be possible to put a light single down on in the center
and not even hit a mile marker or reflector post on the sides...

-Nathan