Old November 27th 04, 07:16 AM
Bruce

Sven Olivier wrote:
In the Southern Cape region in South Africa we do lot of ridge and wave
flying (inbetween some thermal flying ;-) and we already have 11 gliders
equipped with FLARM (since about two weeks ago) - it our conditions (with
frequent head-on encounters on the ridges it is proving to be invaluable.
I really believe it is going to assist in avoiding mid-air incidents.
It is not intrusive in the cockpit and cleary indicates the direction of the
threat.
A convinced FLARM user

regards
Sven
O2

"Stefan" wrote in message

Nyal Williams wrote:

Does this device have a display that shows the direction
of an incursion?

Yes. It warns acoustically and displays the horizontal situation with
LEDs, similiar to "traffic at 10 o'clock". It has algorithms to filter out
gliders which thermal with you. They are still working to filter out
gliders which are flying at different altitudes, and of course are working
to improve the whole algoithm.

Stefan

Must be working, if we look at the distances you guys are doing.
Congratulations on the 1000+

Just one question though - why are you not logging them on OLC?