Old January 24th 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 3:48:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jim H and Jim, I wonder if this generation of glider guiders could even find or center a thermal using a simple mechanical vario lol How far we have advanced but also how far we have digressed in skills.

I suspect that many have not calibrated their Alpha Sierra Sierra sensors anytime recently. Failure to calibrate these sensors leaves one totally digitally dependent.
Risky and prone to long term failure.
UH