Old July 28th 03, 02:54 PM
Grandpa B.

Default Anti-collision lights required?

Greetings from a frequent reader, and infrequent writer.

I have a question about the requirement for anti-collision lighting. I'm
restoring a '58 Champ, and there's no evidence of it ever having anything
other than Nav lights.

I bought it as a basket case, having been completely disassembled, but there
are no parts for a beacon, nor are there any switches, etc.

To whom can I turn for information on required lighting? I'm not intending
to do a faithful restoration, and also don't do a great deal of night
flying, so the actual hardware isn't important; I just want it to comply.

Jon