Old May 11th 04, 03:33 PM
MajorUrsa

nathantw wrote:
I have Ultimate Traffic and it's pretty cool. However, since I have daylight
savings here in California I'm suffering from the programming problem in FS9
where it doesn't know how to compensate for it. So flights that are suppose
to be taking off at 10 don't actually take off until 11.

Remember that the schedule used by UT is from december 2003. To make
meaningfull flightplans these have to be deduced to UTC somehow. The
same moment in UTC means a different clock in May.

Also, I'm not sure
if this is an Ultimate Traffic problem or not, but all the strobes on the
planes landing at night are in sync meaning they all blink at the exact same
time. That looks really hokey.

Never noticed that. Will take a look. This would diminish realism I
agree. It is probably a blinking 'texture' and not part of the
AI-simulation 'per' aircraft, which would be too expensive in processortime.

I've actually been looking at getting My Traffic because the planes
supposedly have correct places to park, such as Fed Ex will park in a Fed Ex
place and United Airlines will park in their places at an airport. Ultimate
Traffic's default is all planes park whereever there's room.

As Alan White pointed out during breakfast this depends on the AFCAD
file used. UT comes with a load of AFCADs for the major airports, but
none of them have specified parking spots. For most airports you can
find very good alternatives on Avsim and the ususal places, that will
provide these spots as close to reality as is usefull. You can put these
in the Addon/Scenery folder.(You might want to displace the AFCAD that
UT put there, find the F1UT_xxxx.bgl, where xxxx is the ICAO name of the
field).

So no need to switch to MyTraffic for this reason alone.

"Graham" wrote in message

Having been out of simming for a good couple of years (I took up the
real thing!), I'm wondering what are the must haves. I see there is
Ultimate traffic and My Traffic. Any real difference between the two?
What is required nowadays for online flying etc. Any other add-ons
that you just wouldn't be without? All suggestions/comments welcomed

regards
Graham

--
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *