Old February 18th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ping: Toecutter

Jay Honeck wrote:
Just curious -- what kind of "gust lock" do you use on your Cherokee?

$1.50 pin with a big ring on one end (Lowes). Big "Remove Before
Flight" banner attached. Works like a charm. Then again, the control
column and plastic housing have a hole drilled through them (like the
typical Brand-C plane). I've heard that some Pipers had a similar gust
lock as Brand-C but I've never seen one.

The strap that holds both yokes together and snaps to the throttle
quadrant seems to work ok (used one on a rental Archer before we bought
the Arrow). More play in the controls than I'd like but I'd use one of
them as opposed to the seat belt trick

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student