Old February 20th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Default Mooney M20E io360 low voltage problem

Robert M. Gary wrote:

On Feb 19, 11:51 am, Scott Skylane wrote:

Robert M. Gary wrote:

That is the "GEM" until (that is what EI has traditionally called
their product). /snip/
-Robert

Um, no. See http://www.insightavionics.com/gem610.htm

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

I'm pretty familiar with the GEM unit. I've read the corporate
glossies. Its a good unit, but does not come with as many features out
of the box as the JPI EDM unit.

-Robert

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was trying to point out that the GEM is made
by an entirely different company (Insight) than EI. EI has never called
any of their units "GEM", and the EI UBG is a very full featured engine
monitor, suitable for installation in a Mooney M20E, and is made by a
company who's customer service is second to none, in my experience.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane