Old September 17th 16, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Grob 103 ASI Very Sensitive in Yaw?

I was checking someone out yesterday in a Grob 103 and we were experimenting with various things including yaw sensitivity. We noticed that the ASI is completely useless with anything more than about 10 degrees of yaw. Like, it goes to almost zero and flutters around. Given how poor Grob rudders are, this is a real consideration. I don't recall our club's Twin Astir behaving like this.

I'm going to check on the statics and pitot installation today, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I'm assuming it's not just this one ship...

Erik Mann (P3)