Old March 8th 04, 12:34 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 3/7/04 10:35 PM, in article
, "WaltBJ"
wrote:

One reason for wearing scarves is that the damned Nomex wears holes in
your neck as you look around.

If you fight a better jet, you don't have to look behind you. |:-) This is
most likely why Navy guys don't wear scarves.

I learned to wear a scarf flying 86s and

Something seriously wrong with this statement.

wearing the old horse collar Mae West. I still got scars on my neck
from that piece of crap. And I mean good long silk scarves, not those
silly snap things. What? You don't look around? Then rots of ruck, GI!
Walt BJ

All kidding aside Walt, my hat's off to your service, but given my cultural
background, I doubt I'd ever get used to wearing one.

--Woody