Old July 9th 03, 08:30 PM
gyrobob

Let me correct a few errors in your post.

The gyro was made in 2001. It is a Dominator basic powered by a 503,
a good design. True centerline thrust,.. which makes it a lot safer
and faster than the older configurations.

He is 56,.. at least you got that right. Retired USAF fighter guy.
Works for Delta now. A&P, CFI/II/MEI, Aero degrees, etc.

Your Dad is wrong, too. Gyros are good for all kinds of things,..
like sport flying and such. And yes it does make noise, but less than
most of the other aircraft at that field. The Christen Eagle that
shares the hangar with that gyro is quite a bit noisier. How did you
and your Dad develop such a snotty attitude about gyros?

Yes, he does fly lots of circuits flown around the pattern. Currently
he is doing a research on various combinations of props, numbers of
blades, pitches, rotorblade lengths, and such. No sense in flying to
Macon just to see if the rpm changed with that last pitch change.

Often he does fly to airports in the area. I guess you wouldn't
notice that, though, since you can't see it when it is not there, eh?
The gyro also attends a few fly-ins each year. Bensen Days in
Wauchula, Rotors over Carolina in Aiken, and the PRA convention in
Mentone,... plus the occasional pancake breakfast and such.

"Bob Martin" wrote in message ...
Well, I don't think that the gyro is that old. A year ago he was doing taxi
tests up and down the taxiway between hangar rows without rotor blades. I
want to say that he's about 55-60, but I could be wrong. As my dad said the
other day, that gyro of his is "like a mosquito... all it's good for is
making noise." And whenever he does fly it, it's only for a few circuits
around the pattern.

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message
Must be a good design if he's an old guy. Do you know which
manufacterer / model it is?