Old February 14th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Thanks everyone : was Cessna 150 @ $11,245 per hour

"mce" wrote in message
m...
I finally found the rivets in the control wheel. Some jury-rigged
approach plate holder secured with wads of electrical tape were
obscuring the connection area. I think that upgrade is going to wait
until the next annual.

--Matthew

An option for your yokes would be to cover them with Plasti Dip. The yokes
on my Warrior were half-bare with the rest about to chip off at any time. I
spent a day getting the rest of the coating off and sanding the bare metal
to rough-up the surface. I applied the Plasti Dip and used a flat-head brush
to add some texture. It looks like it was powder-coated but with a grip that
is superior. Going on 5 years, it hasn't started flaking and has kept its
elasticity. Even if it does start to come off, the fix comes cheap at only
$6 per bottle. I can send pics or post on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation if
you want to see an example.

Welcome to aircraft ownership!

Marco

http://www.usenet.com