Old February 16th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Thanks everyone : was Cessna 150 @ $11,245 per hour

Marco Leon wrote:

An option for your yokes would be to cover them with Plasti Dip. The yokes
on my Warrior were half-bare with the rest about to chip off at any time. I
spent a day getting the rest of the coating off and sanding the bare metal
to rough-up the surface. I applied the Plasti Dip and used a flat-head brush
to add some texture. It looks like it was powder-coated but with a grip that
is superior. Going on 5 years, it hasn't started flaking and has kept its
elasticity. Even if it does start to come off, the fix comes cheap at only
$6 per bottle. I can send pics or post on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation if
you want to see an example.

Welcome to aircraft ownership!

Marco

Marco:
yes, I'd like to see some photos of how your plastidip treatment worked
out. I'm trying to decide between that, bicycle wrap, or foam grips. The
photos on pictures.aviation don't seem to stay up more than 24 hours on
my new provider's servers. So if you can email them to me, that would be
great.

mcetter at november charlie dot romeo romeo dot com

thanks