Old July 24th 03, 11:24 PM
JerryK

Like you said, I think they need VFR weather for at least part of the test
for certain tasks. But my approaches were done in actual.

"John Theune" wrote in message
1...
David Megginson wrote in
:

I just wanted to mention that I passed my IFR flight test this
morning. We did it in hard IFR, with a 400-foot ceiling -- it was a
lot of fun.

Thank you to everyone in this group for your contributions, which
helped me develop more background knowledge of IFR flight than I could
otherwise have hoped to have.

All the best,

David

Where was it done and who was your DE? I had my checkride postponed twice
because on poor weather. My DE said that the IFR checkride had to be
performed in VFR conditions and led me to believe that it was mandated

that
way. I believed him as he pointed out trying to do unusal attitude
recovery in IMC was not condusive to prolonged life.