Old May 16th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

Default Pitch vs. trim in flight phases

Your description of yoke pressure is vastly different from that we who
fly ga aircraft experience, which explains why you do not understand
ga trimming procedures.

We feel the pressure on the yoke reducing as trim is corrected. You
don't. We maintain the desired attitude (note - "attitude" ) with the
yoke and trim away the pressure. You can't.

This is basic piloting, the notion of trimming away yoke pressure
happens in the first hour of flight training for a PP.
..
Is there any question as to why your pronouncements regarding GA are
viewed with suspicion?

On May 16, 2:49 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:
I'm not sure how you can without a force feedback joy stick. You use
the trim to remove pressure from the yoke.

As I've explained, I can trim until I no longer need to hold the joystick away
from the neutral position. The stick is spring-loaded, which provides a so-so
simulation of control pressure.

I've read that force-feedback sticks are so inaccurate that it's better to
just have a stick with springs.