Old May 16th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Default Pitch vs. trim in flight phases

Ken S. Tucker wrote:

Quick question, (it's been awhile since I've piloted)
is the trim (Cessna 152) in the center, right of the
pilot, and has zero mark to be set null in pre-flight?

Correct. (Well it has a "takeoff position" which is more or less center.)

In the '74 PA-28R I rent it's between the seats and harder to see, and
takeoff position is about "a quarter-inch back" on the slot since
there's no visible mark. I don't like the trim-wheel there. The first
time I flew in the right seat and reached for the trim handle I cracked
my knuckle against the door.

-c