Old February 5th 05, 06:48 AM
COUGARNFW

Dave...

I was worried that no one mentioned the inhalation hazard when using the
kitchen oven and then I searched and found the saved portion of AC 43.13-1B and
it had other good things to know.

It suggests temperatures and mentions that if you try to warm too fast or with
too high a heat, it will bubble and you will have to try again. They also tell
you why you need a new pair of cotton gloves, and why you make the piece larger
that it will be trimmed and how to apply weights at the edges to cause the
plastic to form and stay formed.

Good ideas all. AC 43.13-1B.

And...don't hurry the heating.

The hazard I recall? Heating at too high a temperature and causing gases to be
expelled by the plastic breaking down...and then there is the item of using gas
or electric ovens...not stated anywhere....never use a gas oven.

Try some scraps to find the right temperature.

Follow the guidelines and it is easy.

The tinted glasses might be a bit different than clear because of radiation
absorption, so...scraps first.

Neal