Old July 26th 03, 11:56 PM
Dave Martin

At 18:48 26 July 2003, Kirk Stant wrote:
Dave Martin wrote in message

Kirk

The exercise I described is one of the BGA stall reinforcement
exercises. The common cause following a winch launch
failure, pushing hard forward, then as the attitude
looks correct and as the glider is in a reduced G situation
starting a turn. (Without getting the books out that
is as simple as I can describe it) This has caused
several accidents in the UK some of them fatal.

The danger also exists when pulling up sharply in to
a thermal and pushing over hard at the top of the pull
up then starting a turn in reduced G.

Fingers crossed as yet I have never entered a spin
pulling up into thermals. But as an instructor at
a winch launch site, it something you need to be able
to demonstrate.

But we are getting away from the thread...........

Regards

Dave