Old August 13th 03, 03:45 AM
Teacherjh

I bought an i705 and got the Palm.Net service.

Little known, but of interest - when activating the service on the i705, the
$10/mo option is not presented. However, it is in fact available. You need to
call them.

But be warned. Palm (claims that) they are a hardnose about overage on that
plan with the i705, partly because it can be set to remain connected to the
internet. This is fine on an unlimited plan (good for chatting) but really
chews through your bytes if you are on a limited plan (like the $10 one). So,
you take on an added risk with the $10 plan on the i705.

On the Palm VIIx however they are kinder if you are over bytes. The Palm VIIx
automatically disconnects after (I think) two minutes or so, so it's harder to
really screw up.

Jose