Old November 27th 03, 11:40 PM
Otis Willie

Default Pentagon plans hypersonic bomber with global reach

Pentagon plans hypersonic bomber with global reach

(EXCERPT), by Andrew Bridges ASSOCIATED PRESS

10:05 a.m. November 27, 2003

LOS ANGELES – It is the latest in the U.S. military's quest for
faster, more lethal, remotely operated weaponry – an aircraft that
could bomb targets anywhere on Earth within a scant two hours of
taking off from the United States.

The robotic bomber would streak eight times the speed of sound and
have a 20,000-mile range, putting the entire globe within its deadly
reach.

The Department of Defense and the Air Force are jointly sponsoring the
program, known as Force Application and Launch from the Continental
United States – or Falcon.

"The bottom line is, what we want to be able to do is have the
capability to strike anywhere on the globe in less than two hours,"
said Jan Walker, a spokeswoman for the Defense Advanced R...

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully reproducing
copyrighted material. In abidance with our laws this report
cannot be provided in its entirety. However, you can read it
in full today, 27 Nov 2003, at the following URL. (COMBINE
the following lines into your web browser.) The
subject/content of this report is not necessarily the
viewpoint of the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...nicbomber.html

Otis Willie
Associate Librarian