Old July 5th 03, 06:48 PM
Peter Duniho

"Peter" wrote in message

Does anyone know what requirements, if any, does the *UK* CAA have for
*written* records? (I notice this thread is crossposted to the
rec.aviation.* American newsgroups)

Minor nit:

While uk.rec.aviation is decidely a UK-specific newsgroup, the
rec.aviation.* newsgroups are NOT US-specific. While it's true the majority
of posters are from the US, they are the generic world-wide newsgroups.

And sorry, no...I'm not familiar with the UK CAA regulations. If they are
similar to the US rules, all that's required is a "reliable record", where
"reliable" is left undefined. Nothing about the US rules stipulate a
written record. I imagine that if you did a careful read of the CAA
regulations (which presumably you have a copy of) regarding logbooks, you'd
be able to figure out whether they specifically require a written record or
not.

Pete