Old July 15th 03, 03:58 AM
Richard Caldwell

Walt BJ wrote in message
. ..
Back when the Navy was looking for an advanced jet trainer I remember
seeing a picture of an F104B on a carrier. Did this really happen or
was it a PR photo montage? Having flown 104s the idea of operating
ONto a carrier gives me pause.
Off, with a hefty cat shot, no problem.
Walt BJ

By far the most impressive video of a carrier landing that I've ever seen
was the
C-130 Hercules landing on the USS Forrestall. I think it was in 1962, but
I'm not
certain of the year. I used to have the video, but I musta lost it in one
of the many
PC upgrades I've gone through since then. I'm sure it's still available
on-line somewhere,
and I'm sure one of the readers of this NG can tell us where.

The story that came with the video stated that the Herc did multiple
landings and
take-offs, all without catapult or arresting gear, but I've never seen any
video
of a take-off.

Richard Caldwell