Old October 9th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Rob Arndt[_2_]

Default Lovable Modern Aircraft- Dornier Alpha Jet

On Oct 9, 11:06*am, Juergen Nieveler
wrote:
Rob wrote:
I always admired the Fantrainer too:
http://airventure.de/ila2004/ILA_04_RFB_Fantrainer.jpg

Interesting concept, but of course "cost savings" and "Jet trainer"
didn't mix all that well in the 80s. You saved costs by axing projects
- and reallocated them to politically more apropriate stuff (i.e. stuff
from companies that donated more to your campaign)

I actually saw one in flight at an airshow in Moenchengladbach in 1983,
when it was still thought of as an idea whose time had come:http://picasaweb.google.com/juergen....chengladbach#5...
5814335783298

(Pardon the poor picture quality - I was only 10 back then...)

--
Juergen Nieveler

I wonder if the EADS Mako will ever sell as trainer???
http://www.airforce-technology.com/p...ds_mako_10.jpg

I also love the Aermacchi M346:
http://www.airshowactionphotography...._PSR045web.jpg
http://www.airshowactionphotography...._PSR041web.jpg