Old May 3rd 18, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Why no

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 7:13:24 AM UTC-4, krasw wrote:
I'm still amazed, after so many years, of the Flarm-mafia mentality. Who made them the bad guys? They invented collision avoidance technology, licenced it and sold to end-users. Then someone stole their code and hacked the protocol public, illegally. Suddenly they were criminals because they tried to protect their investment. I mean for f*cks sake, what planet do you live on?

There is a difference between intellectual theft and competition. You seem to be assuming any anti collision app will use algorithms stolen from Flarm. Of course that would be wrong. Nothing wrong with writing new code that puts Flarm out of business. Remember to responsibly dispose of your Flarm unit in a proper electronics recycling bin.