Old May 3rd 18, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Why no

The ADS-B in my C-180 provides collision warning.Â* Shortly after the
installation I was flying a GPS arc to an ILS (practice approach) when I
got an aural warning:Â* "Traffic 3 o'clock high, 1 mile!"Â* I had been
monitoring the traffic on my tablet, ATC had been reporting each of us
to the other, and I knew I was below the traffic.Â* Since we were both
VFR, no vectors were issued.

My system is a Garmin 430 WAAS GPS and GTX-345 ADS-B In/Out
transponder.Â* Not really suitable for a glider, but great for a light plane.

Can anyone say if a Trig TT22 with TN70 will provide collision warnings?

I understand the differences in gliding and powered flight and while
collision warnings are really terrific, if I had to choose only one, I'd
go for situational awareness.Â* I can easily avoid the more distant
traffic and, if a thermal is too crowded, I'll just go somewhere else.Â*
And, no, I don't do contest flying.

On 5/3/2018 3:14 AM, Chris Rowland wrote:
There are a number of other systems that provide peer to peer
communication, PilotAware, ADSB in/out and others. They provide
situational awareness but not collision warning.

--
Dan, 5J