Old October 11th 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
MU

Default General Aviation Dead?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:36:49 -0400, Tom wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:16:41 -0400, MU wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:28:29 -0700 (PDT), Aceâ™* wrote:

On Oct 10, 10:51Â*am, Tom wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:39:34 -0400, Quaalude wrote:
"I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
it get to this? How could someone let their plane die this way?"

http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-a...

GA on the decline? Absolutely. GA making adjustments to thwart that
decline. Hardly. The best/worst example is the Sport Pilot debacle and
the supposed emergence of "inexpensive" LSA. The LSA has gained some
ground with geezers who have flunked their medicals but driven a
resurgence of GA? Give me a break.

GA dead? NO. Dying? Like an octogenarian, it's only a matter of time.

Golly, Tom, do you live in GA the same as MU? lol

A*

Golly Acey I haven't lived in Georgia since 2005. *LOL*

Please keep up like a good demon-troll should.

Regardless of whether GA is in GA or in CA or FL or The Isle Of Wight,
it's dying.

The so-called inexpensive LSA new is typically over $100,000 with
extensive maintenance, fuel and other associated costs. Then with your
crappy Sport Pilot license, you can fly in circles, daylight and good
weather only and enjoy $300 hamburgers.

Since a medical is not required, there is no limitation on age or
capabilities, you can drop dead in the air when you would be denied a
drive's license.

But, hey, let's not limit air craziness to non racing aviation. Here we
have a geezer allowed to race over the heads of thousands and when he
kills a handful and maims a churchful, it's "metal fatigue". No, not the
metal in his head either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20107634.shtml

Move the *children*, those who have not been chopped up by the flying
debris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXjzMP-1Q-g

I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the airport I
fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled with daffy old
pilots.

Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden morons.
lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves do I ditch
in", you're better off grounded.
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#