Old July 30th 15, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 13.5 Meter World Championships

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:00:10 PM UTC+1, Kevin Neave wrote:
My ideal glider would be something with Discus performance & FES.
Many of the pilots in my club fly Discus / LS4 performance gliders, or
lower performance club class.

The GP14 claims to have mid 40s performance, as does the original Discus.
If there was a FES option I'd seriously consider it.

The problem with the PW5 was it had no performance & was ugly as sin.

KN

Why have a FES in a GP14 when you could have the retractable electric self-launcher version - and forego the extra drag and ugliness of the prop moustache?