Old May 28th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying through Canadian airspace

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, john smith said:

* Since I'll use Canadian ATC service during the overflight, will I
get a bill from NavCanada when I get home?

Yes, it's still around $15 (Canadian), and it's good for a whole quarter -
so if you fly back before the quarter is over, you won't get another bill.

When did this go into effect?
I have never been charged for previous overflights.

You're right. I thought they'd removed the exemption for overflights, but
I just checked the current fee schedule
http://www.navcanada.ca/ContentDefin...ide_New_en.pdf
and it still says that flights from one part of the US to another are
still exempt.

Since I land in Canada several times a year, I guess I never got a chance
to notice that they didn't charge if I somehow avoided landing there for a
quarter.

I believe that is reciprocal because USA ATC does not charge Canadian
pilots for similar services.