Old July 6th 03, 04:46 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Blair Maynard writes:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:44:19 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

(Peter Stickney) wrote:

Radiop Research, in Waterbury CT, has complete units listed in the
Thomas Register. And all sort of other neat toys. I'm saving up for
the MD-5 system (B-52 tail turret, including tboth th eradars and the
turret) myself.

But not the twenties Pete?...you disappoints me...

You just wouldn't believe the paperwork involved. A .50 cal can be
done, but anything over that, and you enter Destructive Device
territory. Think of it as teh difference between a Secret and a Top
Secret Clearance.

(picturing your turret mounted on your pickup truck with a B & W
just slashing in 10 feet behind you with lights and sirens
blaring and these twin 20's swinging around and depressing to
point right into his windscreen !!!... HooWee!...)

Nah, we're all friendly folks down here. The big car chases only
happen in the movies. For that matter, they never gave me any flak
about the tanks - or when we registered an M20 Armored Scout Vehicle
as a 1943 Ford Convertable.

I woldn't mind one of those 1&1/2 ton Chevys with the Martin turret
that they used for gunnery training, though. with a lead-computing
gunsight and a pair of autofeeding 12-Gauges I might actually hit one
of those danged ducks. (Spent years shivering in the swamps - the only
duck I get I hit with the truck on the way home. He was executing a
missed approach while overgrossed & couldn't climb out of the way)

Might explain why his local police preordered the new "stealth" model
police cruisers.

Actually, I had the Chief LEO come by a couple of years back wanting
me to broker a deal for some Armo[u]red Cars. (Money to use, and
nifty toys, basically). I was able to talk him out of it, though by
pointing out that he'd never be able to afford the supporting infantry
he'd need to go with them. They were much better off spending teh
dough on communications gear.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster