Old March 22nd 04, 06:20 AM
'Vejita' S. Cousin

In article ,
You simply cannot ask everyone who bothers you to stop bothering you

Municipal ordinances generally prohibit folks from making noise before
7am and after 10pm.

In the above case aerobatics were only performed during daylight hours.
To my line of thinking people have a right to live in an area free of
excessive noise. The equestion becomes what's excessive?
I'm not familar with the above group, but here in Seattle we have a
group that lives next to KSEA (class B Seattle-Tacoma International) which
constantly complains about the noise. Since no one is going to close KSEA
to night operations or even consider reducing the number of operations
they are out of luck. But despite the fact that they choose to live next
to a major airport they feel they have the right to a 'quite' home.
How many times have peopel complained about noise only to discover that
the noise was from a 747 crossing overhead at 5,000ft.
So for me the question is does a compromise exist? Often it doesn't
because the anti-noise groups don't want quiet they what everyone else
gone But we do not have all the facts of the case, maybe pilots are
making excessive noise. Either way local governments should not pass laws
to control airspace. Somethings should be handled at the federal level,
others at the state level, and others at the local level.