Old December 31st 04, 06:30 AM
Dudley Henriques

It sounds like you are headed over to Attitude Aviation; is that right?
Dudley

"Shane O" wrote in message
m...
Well, that is a really good question. The truth is I have no idea
yet! I am going to spend some time talking to the instructors about
the pros and cons of each of their planes. Let them assist me in
making that decision as well as some flights to make sure I know the
feel and can be comfortable.

Here is a list of their aircraft. I am sure a couple are not acro but
most are. A couple are way out of my league and/or too expensive for
continuous training.
Citabria 7ECA (1976) $69/hr
Citabria 7ECA (2002) $78/hr
Super Decathlon 8KCAB $104/hr
Grob 115C Bavarian $95/hr
Grumman AA-5B Tiger $95/hr
Pitts Special S2C (Yes, C) $199/hr
Extra 200 $184/hr (tach time)
Cessna 152A Aerobat $64/hr
Cessna 172 Skyhawk $82/hr
Waco Classic YPF5C $199/hr
L-39C Jet $1595/hr

Shane O

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sounds like a plan to me :-)
What will you be flying if you decide to go acro?
Dudley

"Shane O" wrote in message
m...
Thanks a lot for that info and welcome Dudley.

No I haven't chosen them based solely on their military background.
I have spent some time, limited as it may be, but got a really good
feeling from the people I did talk to. As the weather gets better
and spring starts, I will be spending more time over there and
asking many many more questions to make sure they are the
instructors for me.

Shane O
Clear skies, and Adrenaline Flying to all!!

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Shane O" wrote in message
m...
Good evening everyone. I have spent the last several hours
reading and catching up on the posts in this group. Yeahh that
means I am a newbie to the group. Also I am a newbie to Aerobatic
flying.

Currently I am a low time 120 hour straight and level private
pilot. I started my IFR rating but ran out of money and am on the
path of reorganizing my finances to continue flying. I have
acquired the bug from other aerobatic flyers and have decided to
take the journey through this airway and see where it leads. My
goal is to start training in the coming spring/summer at a flying
school nearby where I learned my (Y A W N) straight and level.
They specialize in acrobatics and most of the instructors are
ex-military with more flight hours than I think I have been alive.
So I know they are a good choice.

Everyone in this group appears to be pretty friendly and I hope
that I can turn to you from time to time with some of my questions
and hopefully share some of my experiences.

Shane O
Clear skies, and Adrenaline Flying to all!!

You have chosen a good path to follow here, and from the sound of
it, you are positioned fairly well to get a good acro instructor.
Just a bit of advice FWIW. The military is a great training
program, and most of the pilots who come through the military
aerobatic training are pretty good, but there are exceptions, and
as a new student to acro, it will pay you to know this. Don't just
blindly accept a military background as the criteria you need for
picking your acro instructor.
Spend a little time with these pilots before choosing one. Find
someone who not only can fly, but fits in easily with you and your
personality. Acro instruction requires more "blending" of what's
projected to you by the instructor than in any other kind of
flying. You want someone who can explain in terms YOU can
understand, because in acro instruction, you prep verbally, execute
the maneuver completely, THEN review what you did, so it's critical
YOU understand before you execute. This is an "art form" that some
acro instructors don't have regardless of how well they can fly
themselves. Just be aware of this.
I'm sure you'll do fine. Let me know if there's anything I can do
to help in any way. I'm usually around :-))
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
for email; take out the trash