Old January 8th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default unsticking cables

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
We suffered with this battle for a year with our Mooney's heater cable.
We pulled the cable out, soaked the sheeth in a bucket of goo for weeks
etc. In the end we could never de-goo it enough to make it slide
easily. Since Mooney wanted $500 for a new cable I wasn't going to
replace it. I ended up getting lucky one day and found someone willing
to sell me theirs. We never were able to de-goo the original
cable/sheeth after about a year of actively trying anything we could
think of.

-Robert

What about a cable housing hone? Looks like a pipe cleaner but is very long
with hard emery like brissles and hooks to a drill I know it works for
cleaning up motorcycle cable housings.