Old February 14th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A380 arriving in the northeast?

In article , says...

The manufacturer is not a subsidiary of the French Government. Its is owned
80% by EADs and 20% by BAE systems. As far as I know they French government
don't own BAE systems and they don't own EADS.

Its a bit like saying Boeing is a subsidiary of the Department of Defense.

Quite right. Not to mention the bit about Singapore Airlines flying the plane
in March of this year!

This said - and in partial response to the original post - I did see the
plane fly in Paris. I was driving on the freeway on my way to the airport, when
the beast rose up from the runway at Le Bourget, close to DeGaulle airport. I
was really awe-stricken, even before I understood what it was.

Greg