Old August 30th 20, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

Default SSA Sailplane Tracker

At 18:08 30 August 2020, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 9:00:36 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 06:35:48 -0700, Bill Tisdale wrote:

I cannot get glideportaero to load this morning 8/30/2020. Both Link
from SSA Sailplane Tracker or directly to the glideportaero url. No
response, too long to load, error messages. Any ideas?

If your PC has the ping and traceroute commands installed, try them to
see if/where there's a network problem. IIRC they are standard issue for

Windows and definitely for Linux. Dunno about Apple kit. They are run
from the command line. In case you haven't used them:

Both are run from the command line:

ping glideport.aero

shows success or failure at contacting the URP you give it.

traceroute glideport.aero

shows every step along the way from you to the URL on success and
otherwise shows where the fault lies and what the fault is.

You don't need these programs all the time, but they are very useful in

working out whether a connection is broken and if so, where.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

I tried traceroute, but that command is not supported under Win10. Ping

is,
and I got 4 reasonable responses. The IP address for glideport.aero is
http://107.170.23.252/. When I enter that in the search bar I get

connected
to glideport.aero.

Tom