Old September 20th 20, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim M[_2_]

Default Any AC-4/5 “Russia” owners out there?

On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 10:56:30 AM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-4, Jim M wrote:
I’m a new owner looking for some tips and tricks. Here’s a couple of questions for starters:

-What breaks first, and how do I fix it before that happens?
-Is there an easy way to replace the main wheel/brake with something better?
-I have two pitot sources, why?

Thanks!

Jim

-I have two pitot sources, why?

I have seen that on self-launch gliders with a fold-out engine. When the engine is running, one switches over to the alternate pitot source since the prop is blowing into the primary pitot at the tail.

Uli
'AS'

That makes sense. I don’t have a valve, they are t-eed together so I’ll put that on my list. Thanks.