Old August 26th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Peter Dohm

Default vibration measurement system

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
.. .

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Stu Fields" wrote in message
.. .

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Stu Fields" wrote:
I have heard that there is a down loadable application for the Iphone
that can produce 3 axis vibration measurements and store them for
analysis on my computer. EEK!! I said "How Much" and the guy said
499. I said sold!! $500 is cheap for that capability and the guy
said
"No $4.99"!!! I'm still waiting for a friend of mine to evaluate
this
ability on his Enstrom Helo.... Geesh if it will handle the low
frequency vibration analysis, I will buy an Iphone for nothing else.

Stu Fields the excited and maybe gullible?

Is this that the app described here?:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/vibration/id301097580?mt=8
http://www.macresearch.org/showcase-...ctrum-analyzer

Or here?:
http://prmac.com/release-id-12044.htm

The latter is priced at $1.99. You could save 40%!! ;-)

Thanks Jim. I hadn't looked up the app yet. I wish the 100hz sample
rate was more like 1khz, but it does look like it will do some of what
I want in my helicopter.
Stu

I wonder if the app writers are taking advantage of a "feature" that may
have been included to evaluate warranty claims--and possibly to reject
the claim if the customer "spiked" the phone...

Peter

Oops, sorry, I forgot to look at the date!

Peter

That is easy to do on this NG as it is apparently in it's death throes.

It's easy to do with nearly all of the NGs since the big ISPs dropped
Usenet.

What makes matters worse, IMHO, is that the forums that I know of, such as
POA, are nearly impossible to just scan at leisure.

Peter