Old July 24th 03, 11:24 PM
Mutts

An AI is not part of the instrument display page on the 196.

In article ,
says...

Anyone know just how those flight instruments work? I can understand things
like an altimeter looking readout of attitude and certainly the directional
gyro and even a turn indicator and VSI etc. but I can't for the life of me
figure out how one could derive an attitude indicator or bank indicator from
GPS data. The change in heading might be x degrees per second but that
could be at a variety of different bank angles. I might be climbing or
descending at such and such a rate but that doesn't tell me anything about
the position of the nose with respect to the horizon or the direction of the
axis of the airplane. Anyone know how the GPS elves accomplish this magic?

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:35:18 -0700, Jeff wrote:

what is it that the 196 has that you cant get from the 295?

The flight instruments?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:
www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub