Old February 6th 04, 06:23 AM

I have noticed that too. In fact, I have been in situations where ATC
said they only knew my vacinity and pointed out traffic in general
that I had later found where almost near misses. I would tend to
agree with Loran that a traffic detection product like the
Trafficscope with an altimeter would be more beneficial than a unit
like the Monroy which only gets altitude from my own transponder. I
can think of countless times where this would be an advantage.

Bob Noel wrote in message ...
In article ,
wrote:

Loran,

"Again, no. It will revert to displaying the target's absolute
altitude."

Wouldn't you find this annoying?

I hate repeating myself, but I simply cannot imagine a likely scenario
where two Mode C equipped aircraft fly close enough together to be a
collision threat and one is interrogated while the other is not.

On several occasions, it appeared that the nose gear of my
airplane blocked the interrogations from the single radar
in view. Turning a few degrees left or right solved the
problem. This is one scenario where two mode c equipped aircraft
could fly close enough to be a collision threat. Whether
this would be considered "likely" is open to debate.