Old May 29th 13, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:27:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:50:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I was a member of Sky Life Flying Club in the early 70s. I hung out at the house in Mt Kisko & went to the Northville camp in '70 &'71. We lived in tents in a field north of the runway. Bud Wright was there with his sailboat and I still remember a lot of the guys, and the airplanes too. I had some fun with that group, but there was a dark undercurrent. I always suspected something ugly behind the scenes. I was too young to solo back then, flew 30 hours with them. Eventually I got rated. I'm interested in reconnecting with anyone from my time frame. -SS-

I joined around 1968. At that time the club was based out of White Plains Airport at International. I was only 13 and just started taking lessons in his Cessna 150 N--90X . He just started the camp in Northville. I remembered just being tents back then. He had a Cessna 206 which my father bought from him. I ended up getting my private on my 17th bithday out of Quades flying school in Orange county NY, that was near where I went to school ( but lived in Valhalla, NY ) I remember a Dan McGlocklin ?? He was the person on all the flyers for the camp/school. He soloed at 16, got his private at 17. Instructor at 18 ? I think he went on to be a Commercial pilot. Does anyone know where he is now ? I now own an airport to the south of Northville ( NY05 )We have a fly - in every July....Lots to do here. Pool, pond, pond swing, 1000' zip line, etc. Two runways..My Freq. here is 122.67. I also remeber Barnes having a trip to Canada. Just driving, no flying..In the past I've owned a Cessna 140, J-3,Waco UPF -7, Stearmaan PT -17, 2 PA-12's, Cessna T210, Bell-47. Hope this helps you some. Tim

I attended in the early 70's. I was around 14. Tents and planes and little sailboats. It was an old gov't hemp field...I think I remember Dan as a young instructor. Lee knew my dad was a ww2 bomber pilot. Utley, Mike I belive was there. I went twice and stopped after that. Fond memory. I just found out a guy I went to highschool with also went to Skylife!