Old April 15th 05, 09:56 PM
Bill Zaleski

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:23:15 -0400, Andrew Gideon
wrote:

Assuming no difficulties, I plan to do my commercial solo XC next week. I
originally chose KAUG as the 250+ plus point. I essentially chose it from
a list of places recommended by a local FBO, it being in the right
direction that I can visit some family in between.

But it is (according to airnav) 286 miles from my starting point (KCDW). I
noticed another airport that looks nice, KLEW, that's only 260 miles. 26
miles is no big deal, of course, but I'm wondering why the FBO listed the
further airport.

Alas, nobody there seems to remember why.

So...for people familiar with KLEW and/or KAUG: any recommendations or
insights?

- Andrew

P.S. It appears from the AF/D that I can reach departure from
the ground from both for a clearance (should I decide to
file), right?

Nice restaurant for breasfast and lunch @ KLEW
Nicer FBO also.