Old March 31st 04, 01:07 PM

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

I currently work as a software engineer

First as everyone will tell you, I'm sure - DON"T give up your day job.

I doubt that he plans to give up his day job. I think he has been
reading the writing on the wall. Software jobs have been evaporating
faster than a raindrop in the desert. Anyone who has a job in IT
knows that they wont be employed for much longer due to the influx of
H-1B's, L-1's and offshoring. He is probably just preparing for that
now so he will be ready to switch carreers when forced to do so.

While being a commercial helicopter pilot is a very glamorous job, it
might be more practical to go back to biotech. Biotech/medical is one
of the few industries that are still hiring.

Dennis H.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm