View Single Post
Old May 10th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler
external usenet poster

Default IOIO board for SN10 to Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Ink screens are great but lack smartphone data connectivity. I just want one device. Also color screens are rapidly improving in brightness specs. Especially the phablets (large ones).

Here are some quotes about the Note 4. It is widely considered to be the brightest and highest contrast of the new generation of OLED displays. They are exceptionally displays and so bright that they begin to hurt my eyes at times in less that bright light. I also have an iPhone 6 plus and it is considerably less bring that the note 4.

Link to article on Note 4 brightness: http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note4_ShootOut_1.htm

QUOTE: As a result of its high Brightness and low Reflectance, the Galaxy Note 4 has a Contrast Rating for High Ambient Light that ranges from 71 to 93, among the highest that we have ever measured.

More importantly, on the Galaxy Note 4 the Maximum Brightness can go much higher when Automatic Brightness is turned On, so that users can't permanently park the Manual Brightness slider to very high values, which would run down the battery quickly. High screen Brightness is only needed for High Ambient Light, so turning Automatic Brightness On will provide better high ambient light screen visibility and also longer battery running time.

When Automatic Brightness is turned On, the Galaxy Note 4 reaches an impressive 750 cd/m2 in High Ambient Light, where high Brightness is really needed - it is the brightest mobile display that we have ever tested. As a result of its high Brightness and low Reflectance, the Galaxy Note 4 has a Contrast Rating for High Ambient Light that ranges from 100 to156, the highest that we have ever measured for any mobile display. See the Brightness and Contrast, the High Ambient Light and the Screen Reflections sections for measurements and details."