Old March 9th 18, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Default GP940 failed.. how to feed GPS input to Zander computers

At 14:34 09 March 2018, wrote:
Dear all,

has anybody any ideas how to feed GPS nmea input to a

Zander computer? I
have both an SR940 and a ZS1 available, but since yesterday

no more GP941
logger (security seal failed, no GPS data on the computer).

I know the 940 and the ZS1 require a special protocol/format

for the GPS
input but I found no public descriptions how it works.

Poeschl will be able to supply an "NMEA adapter box", but

that will only
come very late in April, and the soaring season has just

begun here in
Italy.

thanks!

Aldo Cernezzi
(old gliding computer fan)

Hi Aldo, if you are really stuck I have a spare GP941 you could
borrow/buy. It's working but I have no idea of how up to date
it is; I don't think the "date" problem has been fixed. Email me
davidtswalshatgooglemail.com if you are interested.
Dave W