Old July 2nd 03, 09:54 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Jerry" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:31:35 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:
Bunkers designed to provide a command centre in case
of nuclear war are unlikely to be much use in dealing
with terrorist threats

I don't
think we have the underground bunkers for our Aircraft either.

The Iraqi's had lots of them, didnt help a lot did it ?

Keith

I was referring to an attack using dirty bomb or the use of chemical
or biological weapons, surely it is necessary for EPOs, Central
Government to go to in the event of an attack of this nature.

No sir, a room with a filtered air supply is all that would seem
to be required in such a case, or even simpler move out of the
affected area.

When I said about underground bunkers I was referring to the ones
chiseled out of mountains in Sweden, not the typical Tab Vee type
shelters or reinforced concrete underground bunkers.

There werent very many mountains in southern England capable of being
chiselled into underground bunkers last time I checked and I dont
think it likely that MOD will move to Whernside any time soon

Keith