Old November 28th 05, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Well, I flunked my medical, now what ?

Scott Moore wrote:
Great, I flunked my medical.

Actually, this came close to happening 4 years ago. I tested bad on
blood sugar (I don't know if that means too high or too low). Last time,
I passed it after taking a new blood test after fasting. This time,
the (12 hour) fast didn't help. Last time, I got advised to loose 20lbs
to clear it up, I did, it did, and I have maintained that weight since,
although clearly it didn't help.

So now, official notice is headed for Oklahoma, and now I get to have
extra hassle passing my medical forever. I'm losing another 20lbs, which
I suspect will fix the "issue" again.

How do I get my license back quickly (as possible) ? I have an airplane
that is now a brick. Tell you what, I don't really give a damm if I have
type 2 diabetes. I'm old, something is bound to get me sooner or later.
I care about not being able to fly, that is a definite drop in life
quality.

Anyone been through this ?

An interesting afternote to this. I did what the AOPA recommended, that
is, I sent an A1C to the FAA immediately to chase the negative medical.

The A1C is fine, as am I. It will probally take months (I am told) to
get the paperwork straightened out, though.

The interesting afternote is that, because my airplane is now idle, my
wife has decided to learn to fly. She took her first lesson today, and
likes it a lot.

One door closes, the another opens.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
My electronics engineering consulting site: http://www.moorecad.com
ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

Good does not always win. But good is more patient.