Old April 2nd 04, 08:57 PM
G.R. Patterson III

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote:

OK, dumb question. For 100-hour inspections (or 50 hours until oil
change), is this measured in Hobbs time or Tach time?

Everyone I know uses whichever gives them the longest period between inspections.
This is usually tach time, but I know a few people who have wired a Hobbs to the
squat switch on a retract so that they can schedule maintenance based on time spent
in the air.

Me, I use calendar time, since I never log over 50 hours in a 4 month period and have
annual inspections, rather than 100 hour.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".