Old April 11th 05, 04:38 AM
Jose

I look for stuff I can't get at an FBO, and can't afford (time or money
wise) from buying my own plane. Those things are (in no particular order):

1: well maintained aircraft
2: no minimum rental fees - I can take the plane for a week and don't
have to put umpty-ump hours on it.
3: time billed by the tach, not the hobbs (no "taxi penalty")
4: high performance aircraft - not the warrior/172 set I can get anywhere.
5: member participation in the affairs of the club and the aircraft.
6: social inclusiveness, which can easily lead to wives and such
getting involved (as pinch hitters, and also with each other socially,
leading to more SOs flying)
7: hangar flying at meetings, safety seminars at meetings, stuff like that.

That's a start.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.