Old April 21st 05, 04:45 AM
Peter R.

My question is why isn't
recovery from bounced landings stressed more in private pilot training? I
reviewed several of my Private pilot texts and none really had much to say
about bounces. I would be interested in knowing the newsgroup's opinions
on this subject.

The theory of "anticipated outcome" probably plays a role here. A pilot
makes 700 successful landings and therefore becomes complacent about the
701st landing, expecting that it will also be successful. One bounce and
the pilot insist on recovering to an immediate landing, rather than going
around to try again.

--
Peter