Old February 5th 19, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Pending reduction in US MAT turnpoint radius

wrote on 2/5/2019 9:54 AM:
This weekend, I was speaking with the man behind one popular freeware flight computer app and mentioned the change from 1 mile to 1/2 mile. He was quick to say that was a simple change. But his smile faded as he considered the various versions for which he would have to issue new releases.

I'm surprised the TP size wasn't a user adjustable parameter from version 1.0 of
the program! In fact, I'm so surprised, I can hardly believe it's true. The other
TP sizes are adjustable in all the scoring programs - the outlier here is the
fixed TP size.